Provincial Emergency Operation Center (PEOC)
Objectives of the PEOC
PEOC is aimed to provide a platform and bridge for timely and accurate coordination between provincial government line departments and district administrations in time of emergencies and calamities. It provides a well coordinated response mechanism in time of disaster. It has strengthened the early warning system and has improved the disaster response capacities of district governments through a centralized command and control unit. PEOC has enhanced the capacities of the DDMUs through increased mobility and facilitation.
Core functions of the PEOC
- In-time Coordination and communications.
- Improve emergency response.
- Manage and mitigate disasters.
- Analyse, disseminate and manage all the information.
- Preparing operational updates, situation reports.
- Facilitating the higher authority in making better estimation for relief and rehabilitation.